Searching NoCeM for Message-IDs
Retro Guy
2023-10-31 22:10:05 UTC
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.

https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272

I wouldn't be surprised if there are bugs, but it works pretty well.

The nocem messages listed in the database only started a couple of hours ago, so it will take time to be useful (finding things days old). It takes about 10-15 minutes once a nocem is posted before the data makes it into the search database.

I'm just hoping it is useful, and might make it a bit easier to track down false positives and let the proper admin know about it. No admin is monitoring every post in every group, so we count on users in different groups to let us know if we've incorrectly listed a message.

Anyway, it was fun to write, so it's worth it even if just for that.

If there are major bugs that aren't a nightmare to fix, I'll address them as best I can.
Retro Guy
Adam W.
2023-11-02 03:02:31 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem
messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search
by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Nice, and seems to be working :)

Thanks, saved in bookmarks.
Eric M
2023-11-02 10:50:59 UTC
I did the same, good job.
Retro Guy
2023-11-02 13:01:22 UTC
Post by Eric M
Post by Adam W.
Post by Retro Guy
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Nice, and seems to be working :)
Thanks, saved in bookmarks.
I did the same, good job.
Thank you both (Eric and Adam) for testing. Glad it's working :)
Retro Guy
Ray Banana
2023-11-03 05:53:13 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem
messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search
by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Very useful, indeed. I was about to do the same, but have put this
task aside for the time being. Thank you very much.
--
Пу́тін — хуйло́
http://www.eternal-september.org
yamo'
2023-11-03 08:30:54 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Thanks a lot.
It replace the tool created by Marc Schaefer.
Stéphane
llp
2023-11-03 09:16:47 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem messages
and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search by message-id
and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
it's much easier than searching in the body of news.list.filters
messages
Thanks a lot.
Eric M
It replaces the tool by Marc Schaefer whom you didn't compliment for it.
llp
You're a troll on the french groups, don't do the same here.
Retro Guy
2023-11-15 14:11:51 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Over the past 10 days or so I've fixed a couple of bugs (missing listings), and added the ability to read the message by clicking on the Message-ID. The message is available probably 80-90% of the time (obviously I need a copy of the message to be able to serve it). If it's a link, it's available.

The displayed message is decoded so hopefully this makes it easier to see why or why not it should be filtered, and provide some clues to add it to filters.

As of right now, it should be working reasonably well.
Retro Guy
Eric M
2023-11-15 14:57:47 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
Post by Retro Guy
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Over the past 10 days or so I've fixed a couple of bugs (missing listings), and
added the ability to read the message by clicking on the Message-ID. The message
is available probably 80-90% of the time (obviously I need a copy of the message
to be able to serve it). If it's a link, it's available.
The displayed message is decoded so hopefully this makes it easier to see why or
why not it should be filtered, and provide some clues to add it to filters.
As of right now, it should be working reasonably well.
This works fine, thank you. It would be perfect if people could share a
link for a specific NoCem, I don't know if it's possible.
Retro Guy
2023-11-15 15:21:15 UTC
Post by Eric M
Post by Retro Guy
Post by Retro Guy
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
Over the past 10 days or so I've fixed a couple of bugs (missing listings), and
added the ability to read the message by clicking on the Message-ID. The message
is available probably 80-90% of the time (obviously I need a copy of the message
to be able to serve it). If it's a link, it's available.
The displayed message is decoded so hopefully this makes it easier to see why or
why not it should be filtered, and provide some clues to add it to filters.
As of right now, it should be working reasonably well.
This works fine, thank you. It would be perfect if people could share a
link for a specific NoCem, I don't know if it's possible.
Do you mean a link to the article? I think I can do that with a little work. It will
come up on another site (www.novabbs.com), but that should be fine I think. iframes
make it a bit more difficult :)

If you mean a link to the nocem article itself, I should also be able to do that.
Retro Guy
Eric M
2023-11-15 15:56:35 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
Post by Eric M
This works fine, thank you. It would be perfect if people could share a
link for a specific NoCem, I don't know if it's possible.
Do you mean a link to the article? I think I can do that with a little work. It will
come up on another site (www.novabbs.com), but that should be fine I think. iframes
make it a bit more difficult :)
If you mean a link to the nocem article itself, I should also be able to do that.
I'm not sure my english is perfect, sorry :)

I meant a link to display exactly what you see when you search for an
article with all the NoCems aiming at it.
Retro Guy
2023-11-15 16:24:12 UTC
Post by Eric M
Post by Retro Guy
Post by Eric M
This works fine, thank you. It would be perfect if people could share a
link for a specific NoCem, I don't know if it's possible.
Do you mean a link to the article? I think I can do that with a little work. It will
come up on another site (www.novabbs.com), but that should be fine I think. iframes
make it a bit more difficult :)
If you mean a link to the nocem article itself, I should also be able to do that.
I'm not sure my english is perfect, sorry :)
Your English is quite good :)
Post by Eric M
I meant a link to display exactly what you see when you search for an
article with all the NoCems aiming at it.
I am working on this now. Hopefully in a few days I'll have something working.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's good to know what people would like.
Retro Guy
Eric M
Thanks for everything :)
Retro Guy
2023-11-15 17:43:51 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
Post by Eric M
Post by Eric M
I meant a link to display exactly what you see when you search for an
article with all the NoCems aiming at it.
I am working on this now. Hopefully in a few days I'll have something working.
I've decided to drop the iframe and just serve the page from it's original location.
The link in this thread will display a link to the site (This page has moved).

The new link is https://www.novabbs.com/SEARCH/search_nocem.php . I've also changed
the POST request to a GET request so that the links can be shared.

Please let me know if I broke anything :) Thanks!
Retro Guy
Eric M
2023-11-15 17:54:39 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've decided to drop the iframe and just serve the page from it's original location.
The link in this thread will display a link to the site (This page has moved).
The new link is https://www.novabbs.com/SEARCH/search_nocem.php . I've also changed
the POST request to a GET request so that the links can be shared.
Please let me know if I broke anything :) Thanks!
I tried with a few messages and it seems to work fine, and I can share the
link, for example :

<https://www.novabbs.com/SEARCH/search_nocem.php?msgid=%3C85fd65cd-41ed-433c-b65a-00c56756e8e5n%40googlegroups.com%3E>

Nice work, thanks again !
Retro Guy
2023-11-15 18:04:27 UTC
Post by Eric M
Post by Retro Guy
I've decided to drop the iframe and just serve the page from it's original location.
The link in this thread will display a link to the site (This page has moved).
The new link is https://www.novabbs.com/SEARCH/search_nocem.php . I've also changed
the POST request to a GET request so that the links can be shared.
Please let me know if I broke anything :) Thanks!
I tried with a few messages and it seems to work fine, and I can share the
<https://www.novabbs.com/SEARCH/search_nocem.php?msgid=%3C85fd65cd-41ed-433c-b65a-00c56756e8e5n%40googlegroups.com%3E>
Nice work, thanks again !
Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions, it's a good idea. Enjoy!
Retro Guy
Retro Guy
2024-04-10 12:00:30 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
I've written a small script that will extract message-ids from nocem messages and list them in a database. I have a web interface to search by message-id and find what nocem messages have it listed.
https://www.i2pn2.org/?page_id=272
I wouldn't be surprised if there are bugs, but it works pretty well.
The nocem messages listed in the database only started a couple of hours ago, so it will take time to be useful (finding things days old). It takes about 10-15 minutes once a nocem is posted before the data makes it into the search database.
I'm just hoping it is useful, and might make it a bit easier to track down false positives and let the proper admin know about it. No admin is monitoring every post in every group, so we count on users in different groups to let us know if we've incorrectly listed a message.
I've added a minor feature to this site. On the 'stats' page, you can click on the number (quantity) of messages listed next to an Issuer and a list comes up of all the Message-IDs that issuer has listed for the day. The Message-IDs are clickable to view the message.

I find this useful for myself as an easy way to view my own listings (by my nocem messages).
Retro Guy
llp
2024-04-10 20:54:14 UTC
Post by Retro Guy
[...]