google groups announcement
2024-02-21 13:52:24 UTC
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
The Doctor
2024-02-21 14:54:28 UTC
Post by D
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
Already done!
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nk.ca Ici ***@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown
2024-02-21 16:18:54 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by D
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
Already done!
still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
75d08cd5-c695-45b2-9ab6-***@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 15:24:47
Blueshirt
Come back tomorrow... it's not the 22nd yet!
2024-02-21 20:34:38 UTC
Post by Blueshirt
(The Doctor) wrote: >In article
Come back tomorrow... it's not the 22nd yet!
only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case
Adam W.
2024-02-21 21:35:08 UTC
Post by D
only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case
They probably don't care about the Usenet.

I will be notified by huge amounts of Thai spam suddenly dropping to zero
(I monitor them and they still appear in huge quantities, fortunately my
server takes care for them).
candycanearter07
2024-02-22 20:45:15 UTC
Post by Adam W.
Post by D
only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case
They probably don't care about the Usenet.
I don't think most Google users care about USENET.
2024-02-22 22:06:23 UTC
Post by candycanearter07
Post by Adam W.
Post by D
only curious how the usenet world might be notified that google had
in fact shut down their usenet connection as per their announcement;
could "news.admin.peering" be the best newsgroup to await the first
confirmation that this widely-publicized decommission has occurred?
if google were to make this announcement, that would close the case
They probably don't care about the Usenet.
I don't think most Google users care about USENET.
to be fair, google maps and google earth have proven invaluable to past
research . . . haven't used google search since switching to duckduckgo
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: DuckDuckGo Search Engine Newsletter
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
Remember: DuckDuckGo Search Engine is the anti-Goog Monster.
DuckDuckGo Friends Newsletter #25
Dear DuckDuckGo friends,
We had another great month, growing by about 50%! In March DuckDuckGo
received over 45 million direct queries: https://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html
Today we're launching a new version of our settings page with
increased usability and that allows you to save your settings
anonymously in the cloud. This feature is useful if you occasionally
clear your cookies or easily want to set the same settings on multiple
browsers or computers. For more info, click the 'What is this' link at
the bottom of the page: https://duckduckgo.com/settings.html
We also spent a lot of time increasing the speed of the site, and I
hope you've noticed some improvements in that area though I know we
still have a lot to do. In particular, we increased and globalized our
caching infrastructure so that for many searches you should get much
faster response times.
-- Flight status information: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=us+air+304
-- Alternative software via alternativeto.net: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=alternative+to+picasa
-- Average/median calculations: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=average+12+45+78
https://duckduckgo.com/spread.html
Gabriel ~ DuckDuckGo founder, http://ye.gg/
[end quote]
πŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆJenπŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆ Dershmender πŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸΆη¬›πŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆ
2024-02-23 00:32:24 UTC
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:06:23 +0100 (CET), LO AND BEHOLD; D <***@M>
determined that the following was of not great importance to D <***@M>
and subsequently decided to NOT freely share it with us in
<***@dizum.com>:

http://ye.gg/ P.S. If you'd like to unsub, use this link:
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= http://flash.duckduckgo.com/e.js?remove_address=***@gmail.com
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= [end quote]
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=

***@gmail.com
--
"If you worried half as much about your own personal life as you do
everyone else's, you might almost be tolerable, obsessed stalker."

-James "Checkmate" Gorman, in perhaps the most ironic and
mentally-challenged statement ever made on Usenet.
<***@usnews.blocknews.net>

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
The Doctor
The Doctor
2024-02-21 23:23:46 UTC
Post by D
Post by The Doctor
Post by D
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
Already done!
still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
They said 22 Feb, no specific GMT timing.
2024-02-21 16:59:02 UTC
3e11ce8f-bd78-4fc0-968a-***@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 16:38:35
2024-02-21 21:34:58 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by D
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
Already done!
p.s. the popular "r.a.t." newsgroup might be a reliable barometer for when
the google groups mondation (universal flood) suddenly shuts off the spigot

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
4c0f0cb5-1836-40bd-a437-***@googlegroups.com 21 Feb 2024 21:22:00
2024-02-22 02:16:33 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by D
once google closes the flood gate, will google issue an announcement?
Already done!

still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
5e94fe3d-268f-48a9-92e2-***@googlegroups.com 22 Feb 2024 01:54:06