new google groups articles still being posted . . .
2024-02-22 15:09:20 UTC
still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
79102491-ecf0-4ec4-ae4a-***@googlegroups.com 22 Feb 2024 14:37:22
Jesse Rehmer
2024-02-22 17:02:49 UTC
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
Retro Guy
2024-02-22 17:17:32 UTC
Yep, seems to have stopped not long ago.
The Doctor
2024-02-23 00:19:51 UTC
Post by Jesse Rehmer
Post by D
still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g. news:rec.arts.tv
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
Where did the spammers go?
--
Member - Liberal International This is ***@nk.ca Ici ***@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown
πŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆJenπŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆ Dershmender πŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸΆη¬›πŸŒˆπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒˆ
2024-02-23 00:27:52 UTC
On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:19:51 -0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD;
***@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) determined that the following was
of not great importance to ***@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) and
subsequently decided to NOT freely share it with us in
<ur8ob7$2518$***@gallifrey.nk.ca>:

=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= In article <ur7unp$d55$***@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>, Jesse Rehmer
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= <***@blueworldhosting.com> wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= On Feb 22, 2024 at 9:09:20β€―AM CST, "D" <***@M> wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= still seeing new google groups articles being posted, e.g.
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= news:rec.arts.tv 79102491-ecf0-4ec4-ae4a-***@googlegroups.com
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= 22 Feb 2024 14:37:22
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= now?
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Where did the spammers go?
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=

I don't read spams.
--
"If you worried half as much about your own personal life as you do
everyone else's, you might almost be tolerable, obsessed stalker."

-James "Checkmate" Gorman, in perhaps the most ironic and
mentally-challenged statement ever made on Usenet.
<***@usnews.blocknews.net>

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Marco Moock
2024-02-23 07:43:10 UTC
Post by The Doctor
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
Where did the spammers go?
Some used solani yesterday, user has been removed.
vipernews and uzoreto are also being used for spam.
Spiros Bousbouras
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:35:01 +0100

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:35:16 +0100

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:50:12 +0100

I think all the examples I gave a few days ago in <4qN=***@bongo-ra.co>
were also from www.usenetserver.com .
The Doctor
2024-02-23 15:41:21 UTC
Post by Marco Moock
Post by The Doctor
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
Where did the spammers go?
Some used solani yesterday, user has been removed.
vipernews and uzoreto are also being used for spam.
Time to get thee blokcers on the ready!
llp
2024-02-23 22:09:58 UTC
Post by Marco Moock
Post by The Doctor
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
Where did the spammers go?
Some used solani yesterday, user has been removed.
vipernews and uzoreto are also being used for spam.
I think they're going to try opening accounts on other servers
until they find one that's a little eye-catching. Or take advantage
of servers with an automated account creation process to open a lot
of user accounts. Hope I'm wrong.
Admin of news.usenet.ovh
Scott Dorsey
2024-02-24 02:11:29 UTC
Post by llp
I think they're going to try opening accounts on other servers
until they find one that's a little eye-catching. Or take advantage
of servers with an automated account creation process to open a lot
of user accounts. Hope I'm wrong.
This will happen for most of the low-volume spammers. They will stick around
and admins will have to deal with them.

The recent high volume spam has all been from people trying to poison the
google search engines, and without google searches indexing usenet there will
be no reason for them to spam.
--scott
2024-02-24 03:19:47 UTC
newsdemon seems to allow just about anything.

surprised that wasn't the first target, but i know how the techbros hate Google for doing anything correctly.

now that google's off your radar... who's next?

Blocknews/highwinds?
Ivo Gandolfo
2024-02-24 07:40:55 UTC
The recent high volume spam has all been from people trying to poison the
google search engines, and without google searches indexing usenet there will
be no reason for them to spam.
--scott
Due to closing of GG I have see increase of post by my server, but
actually it's a legittimate user's, only 2 spammer try to "abuse" but my
software postfilter have stopped them.
Ivo Gandolfo
noel
2024-02-24 03:22:28 UTC
I think they're going to try opening accounts on other servers until
they find one that's a little eye-catching. Or take advantage of servers
with an automated account creation process to open a lot of user
accounts. Hope I'm wrong.
The number of failed attempted accesses to our 'country based open
access' server increased from avg of 20/hr to just over 150/hr, in just
24 hours... However it has been fading in past hours, so I suspect we
will all see these weeds try find an open hole to squirm through.
2024-02-24 05:23:13 UTC
And then what's your next obsession?
S. Frederico
2024-02-24 07:26:36 UTC
Post by noel
I think they're going to try opening accounts on other servers until
they find one that's a little eye-catching. Or take advantage of
servers with an automated account creation process to open a lot of
user accounts. Hope I'm wrong.
The number of failed attempted accesses to our 'country based open
access' server increased from avg of 20/hr to just over 150/hr, in
just 24 hours... However it has been fading in past hours, so I
suspect we will all see these weeds try find an open hole to squirm
through.
Post the email addresses of the accounts they used to sign up and we'll
spam the fuckers full using google accounts.

Fair is fair.
noel
2024-02-24 12:18:55 UTC
Post by S. Frederico
Post by noel
I think they're going to try opening accounts on other servers until
they find one that's a little eye-catching. Or take advantage of
servers with an automated account creation process to open a lot of
user accounts. Hope I'm wrong.
The number of failed attempted accesses to our 'country based open
access' server increased from avg of 20/hr to just over 150/hr, in just
24 hours... However it has been fading in past hours, so I suspect we
will all see these weeds try find an open hole to squirm through.
Post the email addresses of the accounts they used to sign up and we'll
spam the fuckers full using google accounts.
Fair is fair.
Absolutely :D

But no signups here, free open IP (out of BGP) based access, the catch is
that access is only to within my country, always operated that way (over
2 decades), its never been a problem, likely because they know they are
within legal reach ;)

##### Serial Japanese Spammer #####
2024-02-23 01:48:45 UTC
Post by Jesse Rehmer
It's over, the de-peering has happened, whatever will you talk about now?
We can now talk about the good old days when Google Groups were the
kings on this planet. We'll miss them and we can all talk for years
to come!!!!!!!!!!!